a start at the order drivers should be installed in. IMO they
should be installed from the most basic drivers (CPU/chipset) outwards
- with external devices (such as printers, MP3 players, etc) being last.
2 links to start with:
Media Boot stuff (for those funny buttons on Dell, HP and other
laptops. Requires special partitioning of the hard drive.
- The OS - muy importante! (as you can tell, I'd don't habla espanol!)
- OS Service Packs
- Motherboard/chipset/controller drivers
- Video drivers
- Communications drivers (NIC, WiFi, Modem) - you may want to install
the NIC first if you need the web to get drivers.
- Input devices (mouse, keyboard, fingerprint reader, etc)
- Audio drivers
- Other hardware drivers
- Antivirus (resident)