How to learn to debug crashes for users (as opposed to what driver developers do)
1) read the help file that goes with the Debugging Tools - it's got
2) read Windows Internals 5th edition by Russinovich, Solomon, and Ianescue - read it cover to cover a couple
of times, you'll understand more with each subsequent read-through
3) read Advanced Windows Debugging by Hewardt and Prevatt (
4) learn to program in C+, then read the stuff at
http://www.dumpanalysis.org to include
(just found this link - and I'd already bought the book! :0).
6) OSROnline's WinDbg forums:
http://www.osronline.com/cf.cfm?PageURL=showlists.CFM?list=WINDBG Not very busy - but it's a wealth of knowledge!!!
More Notes: - http://blogs.msdn.com/debuggingtoolbox/